[HKD] How Kirk Did-it #1 : Self portrait 2010 first round
Well, in this new blog,
I’ve decide to add a catagories called “HKD” (stands for “How Kirk Did-it”, not HongKong-Dollar)
in here, i will talk about how I took certain picture. I will try to be as in-depth as possible. however, if something doesn’t make sense, feel free to leave it in comment, and i will try to answer.
So there are 3 lights involved.
- Shown in A1, A2, A3.
- a YN460 at 1/4 power.
- No special light modifier.
- a black paper was put on the side closer to the camera as a flag. to block out the light hitting the white wall
- This provide the Rim-light on camera right.
- Shown in B1, B2, B3.
- also a YN460 at 1/4 power
- Again no modifier.
- not even black paper as flag.
- This provide Rim-light on the camera left (a little stronger as it wrap around a little more)
- Shown in C1, C2, C3
- a Canon 430 EX at 1/2 power
- Gelled with 1/2 CTO to give a little warmth
- Bounce with a 32″ silver umbrella.
- Located at camera right.
- This provide the main key light.
- 5D MarkII with EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens
- Aperture set at f/9
- Shutter set at 160th of a second
- ISO at 400
- All these light is triggered with RF-602 wireless
- Only used Adobe Lightroom to do post process.
Here’s the lighting diagram